Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Angel sugar cookies...

Ok, it's been a year of Sundays since I posted a recipe. Since I am a stay at home mom this week, I have time to do things like...cook, clean, organize, rest, love on my kids, husband, etc.
My Matty got me this cook book for Christmas...quite possibly might be my favorite gift. I really LOVE to cook, you know when I have time. I visit this gal's blog every once in a while but mainly enjoy her recipes and photographs. So I was super excited when she released a cook book this year.

I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of sugar cookies...I honestly prefer my cookies or well anything with chocolate. But I decided to give this recipe a whirl tonight and they were a big hit in our house.

I give you Angel Sugar Cookies: (via Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman)

You'll need:
2 large eggs
1 c. canola oil
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for the tops of the cookies
1 c. powered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla
4 c. plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar

Directions: Mix first 6 ingredients in your stand mixer, cream them all together nice and fluffy. Then add in the last 4 ingredients, mix well, then refrigerate for 1 hour. Then pre-heat oven to 350 F, using a cookie scoop or spoon drop balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. This is the fun part, take a glass and smear butter on the end then dip into sugar. Use the glass to flatten the balls of dough, dipping again into sugar each time. Repeat until all are flattened, then bake for 9 to 11 minutes until the cookies are just barely turning brown around the edges. Allow to cool before eating, you know if you can make it that long!!!

She says it makes 18 cookies, not sure what size she was making but ours were about 3 inches wide and it made 40!!! These are so much lighter than normal sugar cookies, light and fluffy and yum! Enjoy!

No comments: