Sunday, December 30, 2007

Baltimore and back...

Matt and I gave each other a gift of presence this Christmas. On Wednesday we went to Baltimore for three days, we wanted to go to New York, but it just didn't work out, so we thought this would be a good compromise. We had a great time being together, don't get me wrong we missed our little honey bunches of oats, but getting away with my sweetie was just what Santa ordered.
I like to call this "Lunch in Black and White!"
We actually stayed in Fells Point which is one of the little sections within Baltimore. It was so cute and quaint and the hotel we stayed in "Admiral Fell Inn" was just delightful. We parked the car on Wednesday when we got there and didn't take it out of the parking garage until we were ready to go.
So we came back on Friday night really late and on Saturday I cashed in on my other favorite present....the gift of ease. I've always wanted to try one of those places where you go and fix the food and have meals ready and waiting for you in the freezer, but I was skeptical. Two weeks ago a new place Entree Vous came and brought the whole staff at Hunter lunch. They brought three different selections and everything was delicious. So on Saturday I went and picked up 6 meals for what I think is a steal, call me if you want to talk details. Last night and tonight we have been enjoying the greek meatloaf, YUM, which is a marriage of one of Matt's favorite things meatloaf and one of my favorite things...feta cheese! I'll update you on how we've enjoyed the rest of our meals...why didn't I do this a long time ago?! Happy New Year!

No comments: