Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Adventures in Mrs. Hannamhood

It's teacher appreciation week this week. And since I am one of your local teachers I thought I would let you into the world that is Whitney Hannam from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm everyday.
Here are some of my kids and my student teacher Erica. She is the bomb, unfortunately she is finished with student teaching and I've been back to the real world of reality this week. She came in on Tuesday morning with the most beatiful cookie cake, flowers and home made scrapbook that my kids had made telling me how much they appreciated me, it was sweet!
Here are my other little darlings for a "serious pose."
And now for the funny pose! What a bunch, I'll miss them when they leave...in 24 days, but hey who's counting??!!
I try not to pick favorites, but today Miguel (rockin' the tie dye that says "Read a Palooza, for real.) He is so funny and says the funniest things. Today we made cards for the 3rd graders who are about to take the EOG's, his simply said "work hard kids!" I mean as if he was there boss or something. So here's to all the teachers out there...who work "hard for the kids, happy teacher appreciation week!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Matt Hannam said...

Whitney you're the bomb. These kids are lucky to have you as their teacher.

If I had a teacher like you in 2nd grade, I would be much more well adjusted and even worse at math.

Sarah Caravel said...

I think that's the other way around.

Anonymous said...

Whit,
All those years of "playing school" with Nonnie paid off. I know she is very proud of you and very thankful that all the children you come in contact with are impacted with all of your goodness and kindness.
P.S. I am very proud of you too!
Thanks.
P in C.

Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Teachers are the foundation of our society! (it sounds like something that could be a famous quote in the future - or maybe it already is...)