Wednesday, August 15, 2012

For the LOVE of Pinterest...recipes!!!

 This summer I have continued to enjoy even more this oh so amazing thing called Pinterest!!! I have learned cool tricks, done many a science projects with Olls, organized a bit, and cooked a little. I thought I would share a few of the recipes that I've tried out this summer! Once school starts back who knows if I'll be cooking again...ha ha j/k Matt! Ok these PB cookies were good and really easy to make! The recipe was a pin fail, meaning it didn't link but here it is directly from the picture:

Healthy Peanut Butter cookies! Only 36 calories per cookie! Ingredients: 1 Cup Peanut butter 1 Cup Sugar 1 TSP baking soda 1 egg Mix the peanut butter and sugar first then add in the egg and baking soda. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees. They’re delicious!
 I made this one Monday night except I used Shrimp and not chicken, it was really yummy!
 Oh my this salad I have made several times over the past few months, so incredibly yummy!! I have in my fridge the Sam's Vidalia Onion dressing, so I mix that with balsamic vinaigrette instead of Poppy Seed, yum-o!
 This Parmesan bread thingy, too good, it's not one for the people who are cutting the calories, but tasty none the less!!! And very, very easy to make!!
 I made these cookies the other night when we were having dinner with friends, they were easy to make and most of us enjoyed them, very dense and I'd say you would have to be into Nutella to like them for sure! They were really hard the 2nd day so enjoy them while they are fresh!!
 Who would have thought that growing up in Charleston I wouldn't know how to make shrimp and grits by heart...alas, I needed a good recipe. And this one was fabulous! The bacon in it, wowzers, a very nice touch!
Ok, saved the best for last!!! This dip might just replace my favorite corn dip recipe!! It is totally easy and totally scrumptious! You have to be a feta cheese kind of person to enjoy, but I am and this is totally a great dip for a dinner party appetizer! 

Man, now I am totally hungry again...I've got about 100 more recipes that I've yet to try.  Some are more "skinny" than these.  One I am super excited about is making salads for school, of course, in a Mason Jar!!!

No comments: