Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mommy on the Run!

Ok, so in 6 months and 3 days I will turn 30!!! Can you believe it?? I am actually really excited and so b/c I'm turning the corner of a new decade I am setting a few goals of sorts. One of those goals is to accomplish a physical feat which I have never accomplished (believe me there aren't that many on the list.) So on November 15 at the Grandover Pwky I will be running and walking some or maybe mostly, a 5K with a handful of my friends from school. Yep, this is for real, I've actually been training now for 3 weeks and keeping it a secret b/c I wanted to make sure I really was going to do it. So now that's it's print on the world wide web, I really have to do it now.

If you know anything about me you will know that exercising is just not my cup of tea, I'd rather drive to the playground in our neighborhood than walk, I'll sit at the foot of the mountain and read a book rather than hike, etc, you get the picture, so this is a BIG deal! But it has so been good for me to have some inspiration (a healthy body, maybe I'll even decrease the muffin top) and some accountability from my friends...this has helped! I also got to get a really cool new sports watch!





2 comments:

Melissa said...

you know, 30 is the new 20. proud of you girl! better get yourself entered in my giveaway! ;)

Anonymous said...

W-
I am so proud of you for doing this.I hope that it will be the start of your new "30" life. Walking and breathing at the same time. I am so thankful to the Lord that I don't have lung cancer.
You keep it up girl and you will be the new "20". I am not running/walking for the lung association but I am doing a letter mail-out for them. Keep up the good work my sweet daughter.
Love ya,
Mom