Saturday, January 31, 2009

ready

We are smack dab in the middle of our poetry unit in 2nd grade writer's workshop. I'm not normally poetic and don't get excited the next few lines will never make in a poetry anthem, but they are nonetheless simple and somewhat inspired.

ready...
picnics
sunshine
lazy days
flip flops
playing outside
walks in the woods
needing a reason to get a pedicure
birthdays
daffodils
ready
for
spring

In the Hannam house we've been smack dab in the middle of a very different season, one which I am thankful we are working through. I love the season of winter, I am like a child everytime weather.com calls for the slightest bit of snow flurries, but this year something is different, I am ready for a change, for a new beginning, to embrace life and love for all that it has in it.

"But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the woman who sticks with God. They're like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers-Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season." Jeremiah 17:7-8 The Message
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

My toes look just like that right now. LOL!!! The floor in the house I lived in as a child looks just like yours. I love it! I'm with you, I'm ready for spring. Bring on the daffodils!
Love & blessings!

Anonymous said...

Whit,
You are a poet and didn't know it.
I think you must be ready for that "test" to be positive! We will be praying for the stick to turn whatever color means another grandchild is on the way.
Spring does come and a new and bright "sun" shines everday.
Love ya,
Mom in C.

Melissa said...

i love the spring, and how much it is a celebration of new life. i'd definitely love a pedicure, too! maybe we could hit the salon together!!

Amy Sasser said...

My toes look much the same...probably because the last time I had a pedicure was with you.I was just thinking the other day my toes could use some TLC.Sounds like Melissa is in too!

Anonymous said...

I think you should share your toes and poem to the class tomorrow. They could write something about their body in their tiny topics notebook and find inspiration from you. What do you think 14 second graders would say about your toes (and mine too, they're just as bad)? I think it would be funny. See you tomorrow!!!