Friday, August 22, 2008

The week in review...

So, I've been back at work this week, sorry for the slack in blogging, I barely felt like I had time to breathe let alone blog, but please know that I missed it a ton (blogging became quiet a hobby for me this summer, :) I have to say that it ( being back at work) really did make feel even more thankful for my time at home and at Bravo Signs this summer. I missed my little Ollie like crazy but had fun getting my room ready for my 17 new kids that will walk in my "cottage" next Tuesday. A lot has been going on otherwise in our family so here's a little recap:
Friday- Sunday we headed down to Charleston to be with my family. We found out last week that my great uncle Marvin (Uncle Hobbie, as I named him some 29 years ago) had a massive stroke and was in the ICU at the Medical Univ. We went down to be with him and my family. He suffered a very significant brain bleed as a result of a fall right after the stroke, he was on a ventilator by the time we left on Sunday. We did have a few minutes of family time on Saturday...this is a picture of my little bro, Wes and his super sweet girlfriend, Sabra.
Monday-Friday I spent all day with these 4 ladies. This is the 2nd grade team at Hunter Elementary, the best team I might add. They are from L-R, Stephanie, Jennifer, Me, Ericka and Kara. We went out to lunch every day just because we could, fun times.
Thursday morning I snapped this picture right outside my classroom. I found out later that afternoon that my family had decided to take my uncle off the ventilator and went on to be with Jesus within a few hours, my mom was singing "Jesus loves me" to him when he left this world and went on to Glory. This butterfly is a symbol of hope, of love, of transformation which Christ can bring. We're headed back to Charleston tomorrow to be with my family for the visitation and funeral, but I am reminded tonight of one of my favorite verses:

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone, my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5 and 6
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt Hannam said...

i like your butterfly picture and i think you're nice.

matt