Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Random Recipe

I haven't given away any recipes in a month of Sundays, so here's one we've had quite a few times around our house lately due to the fact that winter just can't seem to find it's end this year, sigh! I give you the...

Chicken Noodle Bowl

Here's what you need:
48oz of Chicken Stock
1 c. water
Handful of carrots diced (about 3/4 c.)
1/2 handful of bean sprouts
1/2 onion diced
a couple of pinches of salt
2 or 3 shakes of Asian Essence (or something with a Asain spice flare, mine's called Asian Essence Emeril makes it)
2 chicken breasts or the chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken
2 handfuls of thin spaghetti broken in half (I probably use 3 truth be told, it is a noodle bowl!)

Ok, basically you just put everything in your big pot, bring to a boil, then bring down low to medium low for 20 minutes. We had a rotisserie chicken left over from yesterday so I used that, but normally I just put in raw cut up chicken breasts, when I do that I usually let it boil for about 5 minutes just to get the chicken cooked through. I found a recipe similar to this several years ago by Rachel Ray, but over the years I've tweaked it to become what we like to call the noodle bowl. Similar to chicken noodle soup, the Asian Essence gives it a slight twist, I like to carry this thought a bit further and put a dash of rice vinegar on it when it's in my bowl. It's simply "lishous", as Ollie calls it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM-O!!!

I think your recipes rock and you should make a cookbook :)

Anonymous said...

barf bag

Whitney Hannam said...

Dear Anonymous,
If this is retaliation I've got one word...weak!

WHIT!