Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So long, farewell...

I've been singing that song from my favorite movie a lot lately, adieu, adieu, to yu and yu and yuu (sp.) This has been the scene at our house the past week, the gigantic pod of all our stuff. Actually this pod is being picked up tomorrow and its cousin will be dropped off in its place. We have so much stuff. Seriously though, in the midst of all this moving and packing stuff I have had time to reflect a bit. I will miss this sweet house which we have called a home for the past 7 years. I'll miss Christmases by the wood stove, projects by Matty (well those have only just begun at the new house,) our fun deck, playing in the living room and bubble baths in the porcelain tub and oh so much more. We're moving on...
...to this new house! We bought (well are buying) this big house...it's a foreclosure, we got a great deal, has no appliances, it needs a lot of tlc and for those of you in GSO it's in the Lake Jeanette area. I'm going to post some pics in the next few weeks of rooms of this big ole house that I have no idea what to make of them, so get your HGTV ideas brewing! We close on Efland next week and then will close on the new house on May 17th, which is also the day I go back to work. LONG story short I have to be working for our new and improved loan to go through. This is two weeks earlier than I had planned but it's still short term and then I'll be off for the summer.
These two kiddos will be hanging with friends and family (Sarah Claire) and going back to school full time (Ollie) while I am back to being Mrs. Hannam. We have some very gracious friends in town who have a house that is vacant and for sale and that is where we will be hanging our back packs in the interim, whew, lots going on...but we are so thankful to be so blessed with all this fun excitement.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mom in C. said...

Well Whit, no one has posted so I guess it is all right for me to. I love your home on Efland. It has been just right for you all but now it is time to move on. Your new home on Lucas Park Drive will bring many years of happiness and joy. You will "grow" your family there. Who knows, it may be the home that Sarah Claire walks down the steps to meet her beau for prom. You never know. One thing for sure, it has lots of potential. You all will have projects for a long time and we look forward to helping with those projects - especially the ones named Ollie and Sarah Claire. I love you all. Mom in C.